The Organization Development Network-Greater Denver Region’s (ODN-GDR) eBook Club is an exclusively digital book club for OD enthusiasts. We’ll read top-rated industry books and meet for a lively discussion over Zoom about every six weeks. This eBook club will enable you to share and increase your knowledge about creative OD concepts and build connections with other professionals.
It’s ok if you don’t read the entire book – read as much as you can and join in on the conversation!
Thanks, hrQ, for sponsoring the Zoom call!
What We’re Reading Next:
Happier by Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D.
Friday, November 6 from 11 am to 12:30 pm
“Grounded in the revolutionary “positive psychology” movement, Ben-Shahar ingeniously combines scientific studies, scholarly research, self-help advice, and spiritual enlightenment. He weaves them together into a set of principles that you can apply to your daily life. Once you open your heart and mind to Happier thoughts, you will feel more fulfilled, more connected…and, yes, HAPPIER.”
Where to find the book:
Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There!: Ten Principles for Leading Meetings That Matter by Marvin R. Weisbord and Sandra Janoff
Friday, December 11, from 11 am to 12:30 pm
“This practical guide details ten key principles that will profoundly change the way you think about, organize, and lead the meetings that matter most…With examples and case studies from around the world, and practical tips and exercises in every chapter, Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There! gives you many new techniques for helping people discover common ground, make productive use of dissension, and take responsibility for action.”
Where to find the book:
About the OD eBook Club
- Engage in critical discussions of a shared text
- Analyze the text and discuss how it relates to the theme
- Discuss opportunities to practically apply the book’s concepts
- Build relationships with other OD professionals
- 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM: Participants gather; Introductions
- 11:15 AM to 12:05 PM: Book discussion led by Zoe DeVito
- 12:05 PM to 12:30 PM: Networking
What We Read Last Time…
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High by Patterson, Granny, McMillan, and Switzler
Crucial Conversations gives you the tools you need to step up to life’s most difficult and important conversations, say what’s on your mind, and achieve the positive resolutions you want. You’ll learn how to:
- Prepare for high-impact situations with a six-minute mastery technique
- Make it safe to talk about almost anything
- Be persuasive, not abrasive
- Keep listening when others blow up or clam up
- Turn crucial conversations into the action and results you want